How To Connect Canon Pixma Mg2525 To Imac?
Canon PIXMA MG2525 is a three-in-one affordable and portable printer that allows you to print, scan, and copy over a USB connection. This lightweight printer uses two FINE ink cartridges – PG-245 XL (black) and CL-246 XL (color), for printing and copying. Its setup procedure is also an effortless process to perform.Scroll down this page to know how to connect Canon PIXMA MG2525 to iMac.
Preparing your printer for the setup
- Unpack your printer if you haven’t done it yet.
- Install the ink cartridges in their slots.
- Similarly, load paper into the tray.
- Make sure that your iMac (that you’re using) meets the minimum system requirements of the printer.
- Download the Canon PIXMA MG2525 printer driver on your iMac.
Connecting the printer to iMac
You can connect and set up your Canon printer on iMac in two different ways.
- Using the built-in driver
- Using the printer driver
The below section explains both the methods in detail.
Method 1: Using the built-in driver
Almost all the latest Mac computers and iMacs come with built-in drivers. So, as soon as you connect the printer to your computer, the built-in driver automatically detects the printer model or type and starts to install the necessary driver.
- Connect your Canon PIXMA MG2525 printer to your iMac using the USB cable that is shipped along with the printer.
- Now, turn on the printer and your iMac device.
- On your iMac, open the System Preferences screen and click the Printers and Scanners option on it.
- Click on the Plus or Add icon.
- Now, a pop-up dialog box named “Add” will open.
- In this dialog box, you can find the Canon printer that is connected to your computer.
- Select it and click on the Add button provided at the bottom of the Add dialog box.
- Wait for the ongoing setup process to complete.
- Once it is done, you can find your printer under the Printers section of the Printers & Scanners window.
Method 2: Using the printer driver
- Download the Canon PIXMA MG2525 printer driver for your iMac from the printer’s official support page.
- Now, connect your printer directly to the computer using the USB cable.
- Extract and run the downloaded installer file on your computer.
- Install the software to complete the setup process.
To know more about how to connect Canon PIXMA MG2525 to iMac, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page.