HOW DO YOU UNCLOG A NOZZLE ON A CANON PRINTER?
“Is the quality of your printed document not good, or the printout has a horizontal white streak?” If yes, scroll down this page to know how to unclog a nozzle on a Canon printer.
You can unclog the nozzle of your Canon printer by cleaning its print head. The following instructions explain the same.
Cleaning the Print Head
*Note: The instructions given below are suitable only for the Canon MG3000 series printers.
- Turn on your Canon printer.
- Now, load paper into the tray if it is empty or doesn’t have enough paper.
- After loading the paper, locate the Stop button on your printer’s control panel and hold it down.
- As soon as the printer’s Alarm light flashes twice, release the button.
- Now, the printer will initiate the cleaning process.
- Wait for the cleaning process to complete.
- Once it is done, print the “nozzle check pattern” on your printer to check whether the cleaning process is done correctly.
Printing the nozzle check pattern
- Make sure that your Canon printer has enough paper.
- Now, hold down the Stop button for a few seconds.
- As soon as the Alarm light flashes once, release the button.
- Now, your printer will start to print the nozzle check pattern.
If the “print quality” issue persists, perform the “print head deep cleaning” process.
*Important Note: The deep cleaning process will consume more ink. So, perform this method only if necessary.
Performing “Print Head Deep Cleaning” via printer software
- Turn on your Canon printer if it is turned off.
- Open the Devices and Printers screen.
- Right-click on your printer.
- Select the Printer Properties option from the menu.
- In the opened dialog box, locate and click on the Print Head Deep Cleaning button.
- Select Maintenance > Deep Cleaning > “ink type” > Execute.
- Click the OK button to confirm the cleaning process.
- After your printer completes the cleaning process, print the nozzle check pattern to see whether the print quality issue is resolved.
- Open Canon IJ Printer Utility.
- Click Print Head Deep Cleaning > Cleaning > Deep Cleaning.
- Perform the deep cleaning process by following the rest of the instructions displayed on the screen.
If the deep cleaning process also doesn’t unclog a nozzle on a Canon printer or How Do You Unclog a Nozzle On a Canon Printer, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page.