WHY IS MY CANON PRINTER BLOCKED?
Misconfigured printer settings or a system issue can block your printer from communicating with your computer. In such a case, you will not be able to print a document from your Windows computer to the Canon printer, and the error message “canon printer blocked” will be displayed on the screen.To resolve this problem, try the troubleshooting methods given below.
*Note: The troubleshooting methods given below will apply only to the Windows OS.
Method 1: Modifying the port settings
If your printer’s port settings are misconfigured, you may encounter this issue. To check and modify them, follow the instructions given below.
- Open the Device Manager window.
- Click View > Show hidden devices.
- Select and right-click on the port named “Ports (COM & LPT).”
- Click the Properties option.
- Now, go to the Port Settings tab and select the option named, “Use any interrupt assigned to the port.”
- Check if the “Enable legacy Plug and Play detection” option is selected. If not, select it and click OK.
- Restart your Windows 10 computer.
- After your computer restarts, print a test page to check whether the issue is resolved.
In case the problem persists, just try the next method given below.
Method 2: Disable “Offline”
Check whether your printer status is set as “Online.” If not, set it to Online and then print a test page.
- Select and right-click on your Canon printer.
- Choose the See what’s printing option.
- Next, click the Printer tab.
- Check if the Use Printer Online option is selected.
- If not, select it now.
Method 3: Disabling the Windows 10 computer’s firewall
Disable your computer’s firewall temporarily and then try to print a test page. This time, if your printer prints the page successfully, it means the problem is with the firewall settings. Configure the firewall settings to allow the printer to communicate with your computer or disable the firewall settings temporarily when performing the print operation.
The following instructions explain how to disable the firewall temporarily on your Windows 10 computer.
- Open the Control Panel screen.
- Click Windows Firewall > Turn Windows Firewall off > Yes.
Method 4: Reinstalling the printer driver
- Select and right-click on your Canon printer in the Devices and Printers window.
- Click Remove device > Yes.
- If prompted, restart your Windows computer.
- After your computer restarts, wait for it to automatically detect and install the printer driver.
Method 5: Updating Windows
- On the Settings screen of your Windows 10 computer, click the Update & Security option.
- Select Windows Update > Check for updates.
- Update your Windows computer if available.
- After updating the computer, print a test page.
If the same error message “canon printer blocked” is displayed on the screen, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page.