WHY CAN’T CONNECT TO CANON TR4500 PRINTER VIA PC OR SMARTPHONE?
Canon TR-4500 is an all-in-one printer that offers a wide range of connectivity options. If you cannot connect your Canon TR-4500 printer to your computer or a smartphone, the issue might be with the Internet connection. Or, the problem might be an incorrect password, or the printer itself. However, you can fix the problem with the proper troubleshooting solutions. This article lists the best troubleshooting solutions to fix if you can’t connect to Canon tr4500 printer via pc or smartphone. Continue to read this article and resolve the issue quickly.
Check the fundamentals
- When there is an issue with the connection between your printer and the computer/smartphone, you will probably face some common printer problems. So, check the connections in the first place.
- If you have connected your devices (printer and the computer/smartphone) over a network, check whether you have connected them to the same wireless network.
- In case you have connected your devices using a USB cable, check if there is a fault with your cable. Disconnect and reconnect the cable, if necessary. If required, connect your Canon TR-4500 printer to your computer using a different USB cable.
- In addition to the above, check whether your printer shows any error codes. If so, resolve the error codes with the proper solutions and check whether you can connect your smartphone or the computer to your Canon TR-4500 printer.
Check your Internet connection
- If you have connected your devices using your router’s network, check whether the Internet connection is stable enough for the connection to be established. In case you find any fault with your Internet connection, fix it. If necessary, restart your modem and the router.
- If you have changed your router’s password, update the same on your printer. If you don’t do that, you cannot connect your PC (or smartphone) to your printer.
Disable the Use Printer Offline option
- If you have enabled Use Printer Offline on the Windows computer (that is connected to your printer), your Canon TR-4500 will not appear online, and it will result in connectivity issues.
- To disable the Use Printer Offline option, click Start and go to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click on your printer and choose the See what’s printing option.
- Go to the Printer tab and disable the Use Printer Offline option.
- In the Printer menu itself, choose the Cancel All Documents option. It helps to clear the print jobs that pile up on your printer’s memory.
Set your printer as the default
- For printing the documents from your computer, you need to set your printer as the default machine. If you don’t do that, you will probably get in trouble because all the print jobs you send from your computer will go directly to the default printer.
- To set your Canon TR-4500 printer as the default one, click Start and go to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click on your Canon TR-4500 printer and choose the Set as default printer option. Now check whether your issue is resolved.
Update your printer driver
- Without a printer driver, you cannot print anything from your computer. It is also essential to install the latest printer driver. Because an outdated printer driver can impact the overall performance of your printer, and it can lead to connectivity issues as well.
- So, update your printer driver to the latest version. To get the updated printer driver, visit the official website of Canon, enter your printer model, and download the printer driver that supports your Operating System.
- Once downloaded, locate it in the Downloads folder and install it on your computer. Then check whether you can connect your computer to your printer.
Power cycle your printer
- A power cycle is a trustworthy troubleshooting technique to fix all kinds of issues.
- To power cycle your Canon TR-4500 printer, turn it off and disconnect the power cable from the power source.
- Leave your printer disconnected for a minute.
- Now, just reconnect the power cable to the power source and turn on your printer.
Check whether you can’t connect to Canon tr4500 printer via pc. If you still cannot solve the problem, get back to us for remote assistance.