Why My Canon Printer Scan To Document Not Working?
The Canon PIXMA MX892 printer comes with Auto Duplex printing and also an integrated 35-sheet capacity Duplex Auto Document Feeder. Additionally, this printer supports wireless connectivity because it hascomes with the built-in Wi-Fi Direct feature. Sometimes, the Canon PIXMA printer might trouble you with an error code, such as B200. What is it? Whenever the printer hasruns out of ink, has an empty ink tank, or faces a print head failure, you’ll end up with this canon printer scan to document not working issue.Like all technological devices, there are chances that your printer might get conked out. At times, this scenario may happen just when you need to scan a document on your Canon printer. Canon printers are some of the well-reviewed machines that offer some amazing connectivity options.
With mobile printing features like Google Cloud Print and AirPrint, you can easily print from your home or office.On this page, we shall discuss an issue that Canon printer users tend to face. It is the inability to scan to document.Here are some factors as to why the Canon printer cannot scan your document. So, have a look at the few issues that could lead to the Canon printer not scanning to document.
- Outdated Canon scanner driver
- An issue with the scanner on the Canon printer
- The Canon printer is offline
- Problem with the connection
Method 1: Check the connection
Wired or wireless connection plays a huge part when it comes to a printer or a computer. In this case, you need to see if your Canon printer is properly connected to your computer.
- Check the interface cable and see if it is properly connected to the computer and the printer.
- Remove and re-attach the cable if you feel that the connection is a little insecure.
- If the cable appears to be damaged, replace it immediately.
Try to scan the document you have placed on your Canon printer.
Method 2: Check the Canon scanner glass
- Make sure that you have set the original document properly on the scanner glass.
- Ensure that the printer is connected to the network or to the computer.
- If you want to clean the scanner glass, turn off the printer.
- Open the document cover.
- Have a lint-free cloth ready in hand and wipe the scanner glass in all directions evenly.
- In the ADF unit, clean the white bar and the scanner glass strip with a cloth dabbed in water.
You can now scan your document with ease.
Method 3: Reinstall Canon IJ Scan Utility
- Open the Settings window (Windows + I) on your Windows computer.
- Click the Apps option.
- A window will open with all the apps.
- Select the scanner driver and click the Uninstall button.
Place the document properly on the printer
- Most Canon printers come with a scanner glass or a platen glass.
- Open the document cover and ensure that the original document is placed with the print side facing downwards.
- Close the document cover.
Download Canon IJ Scan utility
Before proceeding with the scanning to document function, you need to download the Canon IJ Scan Utility to your computer.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Open the support page for the Canon printer.
- Click on the Drivers & Downloads tab.
- Select the OS from the Operating System drop-down list.
- Scroll down and click on the Utilities tab.
- Click the Select button for the Canon IJ Scan Utility.
- Finally, click the Download button.
With the help of the troubleshooting methods described on this page, you will no longer face the canon printer scan to document not working issue on your Canon printer. For more queries to be answered, click the CALL button to speak to our dedicated technical team.