HOW TO FIX THE CANON PIXMA MG6851 PRINTING PROBLEMS?
Canon Pixma MG6851 is a multifunctional printer that can be useful in your day-to-day printing operations. It supports wired and wireless connectivity options, which is a positive point worth mentioning here. Like all machines, Canon Pixma MG6851 can also face Canon Pixma Mg6851 printing problems. But don’t worry at all, just follow the below troubleshooting steps to get rid of the problem.
Driver downloading steps on a Mac computer:
If you got the software on CD, load the CD into your computer and double-click on the .dmg file.
Tip: It is quite evident that these printer drivers would become outdated over time. So, follow the below steps.
- Turn on your computer and connect it to a reliable Internet connection.
- Go to your printer’s support page.
- Click on Drivers & Downloads.
- You will be able to see four different options: Drivers, Software, Firmware and Utilities.
- Under the Drivers section, choose the OS version and Language.
- If printer drivers are available for your Mac OS and its version, they will indeed be listed out one by one.
- Once done, you will see the recommended drivers and optional drivers.
- Click DOWNLOAD to download the drivers on your Mac.
- The download time totally depends on your Mac computer and the Internet speed.
- Once the download is over, you can carry on with the driver installation steps.
Driver installation steps on Mac computer:
Before you go ahead with the installation process, make sure that you close any running applications, as in some cases, they might affect the installation process of the printer drivers.
- Double-click on the .dmg or installer file.
- Mount the printer driver by copying the files to your hard drive.
- Follow the setup wizard carefully and act accordingly.
- Click Install to continue.
- Read the printer’s license agreement and select the check box to accept the same.
- Select Local connection type and click Continue.
- Connect the printer to your machine using the wired connection (USB, Ethernet).
- Reboot your Mac if you don’t see the printer on the list.
- If the printer’s setup wizard prompts you to enter the IP address, then enter the correct IP address.
- Click Finish to complete the installation on your computer system.
Adding the printer to your Mac computer:
- Click on the Apple icon, and select the System Preferences option from the drop-down menu.
- Click Print & Scan from the Hardware section.
- Click the + icon on your Mac.
- Select your Canon Pixma G4200 printer from the list of printers available within the range.
- You can click Add printer or Scanner from the list of options if your printer doesn’t appear in the nearby printers list.
- Click the Default taband choose your Canon Pixma G4200 printer.
- If the printer name and icon are not showing up, click on the IP tab and enter the IP address of your Canon printer.
- Add the printer to your computer. Once properly configured, it should appear in your printer’s list.
- Load some paper and fill the ink tanks.
- Print a test page on your Canon printer to confirm that the printer is functioning properly without any issues.
So, these are the simple steps to complete the Canon Pixma G4200 printer driver download and installation on a Mac computer. If you are a Windows user, try reaching out to our technicians, they will guide you with the proper instructions to resolve Canon Pixma Mg6851 printing problems.