CANON IVY MINI PHOTO WON’T CONNECT TO MY BLUETOOTH AND APP
Having a cartridge-free printer is cool. However, you can’t print if the ink tank is empty. If your Canon PIXMA G3000 printer is not printing your document, identify the issues causing it. Some common causes are paper jam, incorrect print settings, connection error, low ink, and incompatible printer driver. Do not consider much about these causes. Here we have discussed fixing the Canon Ivy mini photo won’t connect to my bluetooth and app issue with simple troubleshooting steps.
Canon IVY Mini Photo Printer – Bluetooth issue
- Initially, you’ll have to check whether you have an active Internet connection. Ensure that the Canon IVY Mini Photo printer is connected to the same wireless network as your computer.
- Check whether you’ve downloaded the required application to print the documents.
- Now, check whether you’ve properly downloaded the Canon Mini Print application from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Whenever you face these kinds of issues, you’ll have to check whether the Android is appropriately paired to your device. If the device is not correctly paired, you’ll have to check with this section. Here’s how to pair the device and print properly.
Pairing the device
Now, you’ll have to press and hold the Power button until the LED indicator lights up.
- Later, navigate to the Settings option and then the Bluetooth option.
- Enable it to begin the pairing process.
- Check whether the devices are correctly connected.
- Next, you’ll have to add the Canon printer. Adding the printer to the app is simple. Just tap on the right corner of the screen and then choose your Canon IVY Mini Photo printer. The icon changes immediately to indicate the battery level.
- Later, continue with the on-screen instructions to finish the pairing procedure.
Apply the steps mentioned above to fix these kinds of Canon Ivy mini photo won’t connect to my bluetooth and app issues.